Agricultural and botanical aspects
Cinnamon is stumps of trees, we have shot down the tree and manufacturing. In Indonesia, there are a lot of Cinnamon, one of the largest field in Kerinchi, Jambi, Indonesia. Many cinnamon Indonesia from there.
Cinnamon is a tree that is still kept as bush to a height of 2 – 3m. Soil conditions are very important, because wet soil will produce a bitter bark of cinnamon.
The plant is harvested during the rainy season because the rains facilitate peeling of the bark. Harvesting involves the removal of the trees. This takes place early in the morning.
* The tender stems (with a diameter of less than 1.2 cm) are removed and used for mulching.
* The rods with a diameter of more than 5 cm is not used to prepare cinnamon bark.
* The leaves are removed and can be used for the distillation of petroleum.
* The external soft bark is removed by a fine rasp rounded knife.
* The stem is stripped rubbed with a brass rod to loosen the inner bark.
* The reductions were made around the stem at 30 cm intervals using a small sharp knife. The knife must be made of stainless steel or brass to prevent stains.
* The longitudinal cuts were made on each side of the stem and carefully peel lessened by using sharp knife and rubbing the stem.
* The curled pieces of bark peeled (spicy) are placed into one another to 1m long pungent components. “Best quills are placed on the outside and small pieces of broken and in the centre.
The compound “sharps” are placed on the string of dried coconut and racks, in the shade to prevent warping.
Grinding may add value, but must be done with caution because there are difficulties. A package intact product can be easily evaluated for a reason that the quality of the product is more difficult. There is significant resistance to market spices due to the fear of forgery, or use of the low quality of cinnamon. This can be overcome only by producing a consistently high quality products and win the confidence of customers.
Packaging cinnamon, especially if ground requires polypropylene. Polyethylene can not be used as components of the flavor diffuse through it.
The bags can be sealed by simple folding polypropylene on a hacksaw blade and drawing slowly on the flame of a candle. However, it is extremely uncomfortable hacksaw blade that heats up and burns the hands of the operator. It is, however, a very common technique.
A sealing machinery this will speed up and clarify produce a good finish (this is very important).
The cheapest machines have no mechanism to synchronize to show when the bag is sealed and they tend to overheat.
Sealing machines with timers are desirable. The machines come in many formats. For most work, an 8-inch (20 cm) sealant is sufficient. Accrocheur labels should be sealed over the camera in a separate compartment and punctured so that the package can be hung up in the shop.
To export large sharps are packaged in compact cylindrical bales 50 kg and wrapped in burlap.
The quality of the product depends on the thickness of the crust, appearance, and the aroma and flavor.